Sunday, January 8, 2012

Doctor Day

Friday-what a day. We began the day at the doctors and ended the day at the dentist with two more doctors appointments in between.


First, we headed to a Urology appointment for Andrew. Last week he had kidney stones for the third time and we wanted to make sure that everything is healthy. The doctor was fantastic at not only his job but putting us all at ease especially our kids. He was encouraging and told us everything straight. At this point, everything is fine and we will reacess in six months.


Next, we traveled to my ob appointment. In some regards, this apt was bittersweet. It was supposed to be my first appointment where we were going to hear the heartbeat of our precious baby. Instead, it was an appointment to make sure that everything was ok with me since the miscarriage. I won't find out until Monday, but it was healing and a closing for me. It brought all the emotions that I felt the day I discovered a problem. It reminded me of the joy and excitement we had for this new child inside of me, and yet trusting that God has HIS best interests for us. It was a moment of trusting my Savior. It also reminded me that 18 mos ago I gave birth to my daughter, Rachel in that very same building. God's love and preciousness of life was sitting right on my lap looking at me with her big blue eyes.

Then we headed out for lunch, which is a treat for us. We headed to a pizza place and surprise! they had gluten free pizza. Our children have sensitivities to gluten. Mary has the worst of it as she develops a rash that causes her to itch. So we do our best to stay away and learn to cook meals without wheat. It has been an adventure, but one that I am thankful for as I watch my daughter's face light up.


Next we stopped at our favorite doctor's office, Dr. Vickers, our pediatrician. She has been such a wonderful blessing for our family. When we first moved to Annapolis, we began at one pediatrician office. The more time I was there, something was unsettling to me. To be honest, it was not anything they did, it was a mother's instinct. So when we gave birth to our third child, we decided that was a natural progression to switch offices. Well, I won't give all the details, but the we shall say they tried to cheat us financially. So, again we decided to look for a new pediatrician. Dr. Vickers had just opened a new office very close to us and with a friend's recommendation we were in. We have loved that office, the staff, the nurses, and the doctors. The major blessing has been she helped us work through Mary's skin rash. For about 2 1/2 years, we could not solve it and with Dr. Vickers help we have been able to give Mary a life where she is not itching everyday. Well, we went for Rachel's 18 mos apt. She is looking fantastic. She has a small rash that we are solving.


Then across the street to the dentist for Ms. Mary & Mr. David. It was Mary's 1st dentist apt. She was so excited and nervous. David being an old pro at it went first. Next, Mary sat there next to her brother. It was adorable-lots of pictures were taken! :) And Rachel was a hit with all the nurses. What a joy it is to have kids who love each other and for Daddy to be with us all day.




As Andrew & I reflected on our day with the kids. We sat back to thank the Lord that we live in a country where we can each go to the doctor and make sure that we are healthy. We have the finances and insurance to be able to be seen by some of the best doctors and dentists. We as a family can be together and thank the One who has given us this life. We were also thankful that each of the visits proved to be helpful, but also positive news. We could use a little positive news and even if we didn't, we know the one who has the best plan for us. So Friday...doctor day, thankful day, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment