Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thank You

Thank You...those were the two words that came out of my daughter's mouth today that nearly brought me to tears. We were walking back from the playground, she was ahead of me with her brother leading, and Rachel next to me when she turned around and said those magic words. It is a moment that I want to capture forever. We had finished lunch and I looked around and said grab your shoes and let's head outside. I honestly am not completely sure why except that I knew Rachel would benefit from being outside before nap time, David could use a break from school, and I wanted a little bit of time to read my new book "Pocketful of Pinecones." So we headed outside and boy was it beautiful. A lady was walking by remarking what a perfect day it was. I watched my kids roll down the hill, run through the grass, find the new grass and hide in it, and just have fun together. Next thing I know the girls are off to the playground and so David and I follow. They climbed on the jungle gym, Rachel swung with a baby, David and Mary collected pinecones, and we looked for nature. Then David took Mary back to his secret hideout with a climbing tree and bamboo shoots. I have to admit, it is the coolest hangout. Rachel and I went back as well. We spent time there and then it was time to head back in from our adventure. We picked up our pinecones to use for a later craft and were walking back to our place when she said it...thank you. I said "for what Mary?" She replied, "for playing on the playground and outside and pinecones" and off she ran with the biggest smile! All I could reply was "You're welcome" with a smile on my face.
Then just a couple hours later I got this message....
I Love You
I Love You too!
Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment